Join Our Team!
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT MATSIF
The Michigan Association of Timbermen Self-Insurers’ Fund (MATSIF) is seeking a full-time Accounting Specialist. This is an administrative level position responsible for maintaining the internal fiscal operations of the fund.
Examples of work include:
- Collecting and preparing preliminary budget estimates, statements of justification and supporting data.
- Preparing the monthly financial statements including monthly journal entries, general ledger postings and completion of balance sheet, income statement and supporting exhibits.
- Providing all reconciled year-end financial information to MATSIF’s CPA firm for the annual internal audit of the fund.
- Supervising and assisting in the operation of the accounts receivable, accounts payable and inventory control programs.
- Coordination and processing of annual payroll audits for members.
- Maintaining member surplus records and calculation of member refunds of surplus and interest.
- Maintaining employee pension accounts and compiling the year-end employee investment summaries.
- Maintaining employee personnel records.
- Maintaining quarterly investment activity for all investments held by the fund.
- Assisting with the overall day-to-day operations of the fund.
The successful candidate must have considerable knowledge and experience in the principles of budgeting and accounting, have strong written and verbal communication skills, and knowledge of best business methods and practices. Accounting degree preferred.
MATSIF offers a comprehensive benefit package including PTO, health, life and disability insurance, dental/vision coverage, and a retirement plan. Salary commensurate based upon experience and education. Please send resume to: email@example.com.